Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A couple pics of my new digs. Enjoy


Waiting for the Ferry in Prince Rupert!  I was an hour early.




A baby deer living on Lisa's friend's land.  It licked my hand!!  Bambi is so cute!


A local bakery approximately 13 kms out of town.  Makes delicious cinnamon buns and of course coffee.
Its a local delight.




The hospital and the view from the emergency entrance.  Its too picturesque to qualify as a hospital setting.
This is the inlet where whales can be spotted!  I can't wait to see one.


The resus room...


My digs for the next two months.  I have been place in a PMQ (privat military quarters).  I'm living in the reminiscent housing of the military base that used to be active on this island....apparently there is still a submarine listening station on the island...have to check it out!


Tow Hill hike.  Tow hill is an old volcano that errupted a long time ago and these are the trees living on it.  The picture of the blow hole rocks are old lava formations I think.



Crabs I ate!  Yum Yum...




Rock formations at the Blow Hole...at the base of Tow Hill.  The sound of the ocean is amazing here!






Lisa cleaning the jeep after crabbing in the ocean...Salt water is bad for cars.  Its fun driving on the beach in a jeep.  Its pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment