Sunday, July 17, 2011

Working in Haida

Tomorrow I will have been here one week.  I have spent most of that time working.  Having 13 beds at our disposal I find they are rarely filled.  I work in a glorified Minor Treatment area with the occasional abdo pain and the transient ill patient who is promptly transferred to a better equiped facility.  This facility simply cannot manage long term high acuity because the lab can only process certain results, no CT scan services, etc...Its different.  I keep looking out at the forest that is just behind the building and expect a yetti to jump out with a gunshot wound or something!  Give me something to do!  Could you imagine a yetti in Emerg!  Or maybe the enchanted car from Harry Potter with massive arachnids chasing it!  On that note I had quite the large spider hangin out with me in the shower yesterday.  I figure because I have such a serious aversion to mice I have to be ok with spiders.  Needless to say the spider met a watery end. 

I am in a continuous state of awe each time I leave my government issued accomodations.  The ocean the sun the rain.  Its glorious.  The world is a clean place here.  This is a place for healing.  Your soul's frayed edges can mend themselves here.  There is something in the air...its mystical.   

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous20:13

    Mystical like Twilight?? Perhaps you'll encounter a Jacob or Edward out there!! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Vampires could to well here, there is barely any sunlight!

    ReplyDelete